Aircraft System Specialist
The Aircraft System Specialist reports to the Manager of Engineering Services.
- Accountable for the Safety Management System (SMS) responsibilities described in the Company's SMS Manual and Title 14 CFR Part 5.24.
- Providing technical assistance to the maintenance and inspection departments.
- Approving parts for non-stocked parts.
- Identifying and reporting all possible safety risks in maintenance operations.
- Development of Technical Services documents to ensure timely maintenance actions are performed on the aircraft using approved or accepted data for the ATA chapters assigned.(Coordinates documentation for all repairs and alterations and engineering support data as necessary for the ATA chapters assigned.)
- Responsible for the receipt, analysis, and generation of technical documents specifying the accomplishment requirements of Airworthiness Directives (AD) and mandatory Service Bulletins for the ATA chapters assigned.
- Technical analysis and development of all maintenance program components for the company fleet for the ATA chapters assigned.
- Take the lead on significant out of service events to provide technical assistance that is necessary to maintenance vendors and CommutAir maintenance personnel, provide onsite station support pertaining to chronic issues or major events and interact regularly with all maintenance and inspection work groups for the ATA chapters assigned.
- Assist the Director of Technical Services and Manager of Engineering Services as the technical liaison interacting with Original Equipment Manufacturers, Engineering Groups, Maintenance Providers, Vendors and other relevant external entities for the ATA chapters assigned.
- Assist in the development and revision of maintenance task cards based upon manufacturer changes, company policy changes, and/or maintenance personnel submissions and shall present approved changes to Maintenance Programs using company procedures and processes.
- Implementing fleet reliability improvements for the ATA chapters assigned.
- Provide support for repeat discrepancies on the CommutAir fleet and make recommendations for corrective actions/ troubleshooting for the ATA chapters assigned.
- Work with the Training Department to help develop and teach troubleshooting training for repeat discrepancy events to decrease out of service times for the ATA chapters assigned.
- Report anomalous discrepancies to the Director of Quality or his designee.
- Assist with maintaining fleet Modification status.
- Assist with maintaining fleet Service Bulletin status (SB).
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Engineering Services or above.
Delegation of Authority:
- As assigned by Manager of Engineering Services, if any.
- Does not delegate authority.
- Bachelor's Degree in aviation-related or engineering field (OR).
- Acceptable aviation-related or engineering experience with proper aptitude and attitude, will be considered for education equivalency (OR).
- Hold a current Airframe and Powerplant certificate with experience for at least 3 years.
- Hold a valid state issued driver's license and government issued passport.
- Working knowledge of:
- Maintenance Manuals.
- Maintenance Programs/MRB.
- Aircraft Systems, Airframes, and Powerplants.
- Oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- General business knowledge.
- Have had an Airframe and Powerplant certificate for a period of at least 3 years.
- Be qualified through training, experience and expertise to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and technical knowledge required to perform the duties of this position and a positive attitude toward productivity, safety and quality of maintenance.
- Have a working understanding of the following with respect to the CommutAir operation in order to discharge the duties of the Systems Specialist to meet applicable legal requirements and to maintain safe operations:
- Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- The CommutAir operations specifications.
- All appropriate maintenance and airworthiness requirements of 14 CFR.
- Have a working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, Company manuals, and Company procedures.
- Must have had at least 3 years of maintenance experience on different types of large airplanes (10 or more seats) with an air carrier, commercial operator, or military maintenance program or experience acceptable to the Director of Quality and/or Director of Maintenance.
Job Ident #:
CommutAir d/b/a/ United Express
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC