Aircraft Technician B - Sheet metal will perform work on assigned aircraft, assemblies, and parts in sheet metal area.
Sheetmetal Installation: 80%
- Read detailed plans and diagrams and inspect and measure parts prior to assembly, making sure parts are free of defects and are the right size.
- Install Sheet metal parts and assemblies in aircraft; assure that installations are attached without endangering aircraft structure or systems operations and functions.
- Cut, grind, or trim parts to fit properly.
- Use tools, such as drills, grinders, and rivet guns to assemble helicopters and parts.
- Fitting and assembling skins, frames, and other components. Work will consist of drilling, fitting, and riveting of the many sub-assemblies of the helicopter, including such items as tail booms and stabilizers
- Follow Engineering Instructions and Company polices.
- Make adjustments or replace parts when needed
- Assist in the development of patterns or templates to simplify manufacturing processes and to assure proper dimensions
- Work with inspectors to run tests to determine whether the parts are assembled properly
- Cut, file, drill, and ream metal, plastic, and rubber sections to prepare them for fastening
Manufacturing Parts: 10%
- Perform layout of sheet parts by measuring and marking in preparation for cutting and forming operations
- Cut raw materials allowing for bend requirements, flanges, and crimping.
- Bolt, rivet, or chemically bond parts together
- Follow all OSHA safety and environmental regulations
SAP, Time charging, manage PTB and VAC
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis
of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran status, or disability.