We are looking for an enthusiastic welder to join our dynamic and elite team. If you want to expand your work experience and be a part of a growing company, you have found your work home. You will have the exciting opportunity and responsibility for performing weld repairs on Commercial Aircraft types. Your contribution to the overall end result in supporting our customers will give you not only unmatched experience, but you will have played a critical part in ensuring that our customer aircrafts continue to fly safely. If you think you have what it takes come on board for the ride as our newest Aircraft Welder.
- Repair weldable components on and off aircraft with the use of special tooling and ground support equipment following oral and/or written instructions such as supervisor’s directives and manuals to complete all routine and non-routine assignments in a timely manner.
- Maintain and store various tools in a serviceable condition.
- Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
- Maintain and supply personal records of work performed on OJT forms for the Training Department and welding log.
- Successfully complete any courses deemed necessary by the Training Department.
- Perform any work that may be assigned by his or her supervisor
- Must pass AWS D17.1 practical welding test on all aircraft metals, basic safety procedures, operation of reader printers/ IPC, basic knowledge of all aircraft manuals and related materials, basic knowledge of ATA codes, basic knowledge of all applicable F.A.R.’s familiar with company policies and procedures, familiar with all paperwork procedures including job cards/time cards, routine/ non-routine cards, AMM’s, service bulletins, work sign-off/ sell-off procedures.
- Frequently required to work inside the hangar where conditions are generally favorable with adequate lighting and temperature.
- Occasionally required to work outside where, according to the season will have exposure to extreme heat or cold, or light rain.
- Frequently required to climb stairs, ladders or scaffolding; and work on uneven surfaces inside and on the aircraft.
- Under direction.
- Normally performs duties according to his or her own judgement; requesting supervisory assistance only when necessary.
- The assignment is frequently reviewed upon completion.
- A moderate level of interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship with co-workers and supervision. Team player mentality is required.
- Requires easy mobility around various sections of aircraft.
- Requires mental skills and quickness with the ability to cope with stress and intense effort or exertion usually caused by long working hours.
- Must have the capacity to gain knowledge by hearing or one’s own safety due to the dangers involved.
- Working environment requires standing 90% of the workday on hard surfaces.
- Must be able to lift 5Olbs. and report to work regularly.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. A&P License desired or specialized training.
- 2-year minimum experience in aluminum structure welding.
BENEFITS AND CULTURE
As part of the ST Engineering family, you will be treated like family. We offer a great range of benefits that our employees value and help make ST Engineering the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you and your family.
Some of the benefits we offer are listed below:
- Medical Benefits
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer match
- 6 Nationally recognized holidays
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company-sponsored events throughout the year