Aircraft Worker - North Island, CA
Title: Aircraft Worker
Location: North Island, CA
Hourly Rate: $24.93
This position requires shift work and the ability to rotate between all three shifts as necessary. The initial shift is TBD.
The Aircraft Worker performs pre/post-operational checks, fueling, and operation of support equipment, to include conditional/scheduled inspections and periodic maintenance.
1) Performs aircraft movement, aircraft fuel/defuel, aircraft/rotor system tie down, install/uninstall blade restraints.
2) Securing aircraft and blades, servicing aircraft/engines/transmissions, and directing maintenance turns.
3) Provide aircraft movement/direction, fire guard services during ground and flight operations.
4) Be familiar with all maintenance instruction manuals.
5) Launch and recover aircraft in support of activity’s flight schedule including helicopter landing signal services at the site or at Naval Air Facility OLF.
6) Use standard aircraft handling and taxi procedures, Standardization (NATOPS), specific aircraft manual, and local regulations.
7) Detect corrosion and be familiar with the corrosion control manual.
8) Perform equipment pre-operational check and maintenance of all work center support equipment/IMRL; operate ground support equipment such as electrical power supply, tow tractors, light carts, and engine starting units; check for fuel contamination by draining samples from low point drains; replenish fuel, oil, water, waste system chemicals, oxygen, and hydraulic fluid; and clean exterior and/or interior of aircraft, using portable platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hose, and vacuum.
9) Additional duties include:
· Housekeeping of all areas of work including shop; participate in the FOD program.
· Handling and disposing of hazmat.
· Comply with all safety regulations.
· Obtain all support equipment licenses for job description which requires maintenance of valid and current Driver’s License without lapse.
10) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum two (2) years of actual and recent aircraft maintenance/modification/repair experience on H-60’s is required or equivalent rotary aircraft experience.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC).
Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
Must have a valid Driver's License.
Must have the ability to meet physical demand requirements associated with and/or pass and maintain any medical examination requirements related to performing daily routine aircraft maintenance tasks.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to the risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Safety – PAE enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the PAE Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable PAE Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)