- Perform maintenance and alteration tasks in accordance with the current technical data provided
- Layout, drill, form, and trim aircraft sheet metal parts and assemblies both new and repaired aircraft
- Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record
- Properly execute the duties assigned
- 4-6 years of experience in aircraft structures a must
- A & P license or military aircraft experience a plus
- Must be able to use tools: drill motor, 90 degrees drill motor, rivet gun and sets, dye grinders, cleco pliers, countersink cages and standard hand tools
- Knowledge of aircraft hardware and materials and processes
- Ability to identify, install and remove common aircraft fasteners
- Basic print reading skills and layout skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
The Structures Mechanic performs functions, or is immediately available to perform functions that are considered safety sensitive for the purpose of maintenance or preventive maintenance as defined by 14 CFR 121. Therefore, employment and continued employment with the company is conditioned upon full compliance with the companys Antidrug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program as required by 14 CFR Part 120, 135, 145 and 49 CFR Part 40.
About AEVEX Aerospace
AEVEX Aerospace, headquartered in Solana Beach, California, supports the U.S. national security mission around the world by providing full-spectrum airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance solutions. The companys capabilities include custom design and engineering, sensor integration and sustainment, aircraft modification and certification, mission operations services, advanced intelligence data processing, exploitation, and dissemination solutions, and tailored hardware and software mission-system tools. With over 600 professionals, AEVEX uses agile and customized approaches to rapidly define, develop and deliver specialized solutions for airborne intelligence requirements to DoD, other government agencies, and commercial businesses. AEVEX has major offices in California, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia.
AEVEX Aerospace is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.