FlyExclusive, a leading private jet charter company, is seeking newly certified airframe and powerplant (A&P) technicians to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe operation and maintenance of our fleet of private jets. You will work closely with our pilots and maintenance team to troubleshoot, repair and maintain aircraft to the highest standards of safety and performance.
Why start your new career with flyExclusive:
FlyExclusive is a dynamic and growing company with a strong commitment to safety, service, and excellence. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art aircraft and advanced technologies, providing you with valuable experience and career development opportunities. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a supportive and collaborative work environment. Join us at flyExclusive and take your career to new heights!
Summary and Objective
The Airframe and Powerplant Technician 1 must accurately repair and perform scheduled maintenance on all airplanes, as well as perform inspections as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Performs regular maintenance on aircraft.
- Project Management; accurately estimates work time and materials for assigned tasks.
- Fully analyzes all required blueprints, drawings, work orders and sketches to troubleshoot, repair and install desired product or part. Detects errors and corrects through proper departmental channels.
- Ensures proper working condition of mechanical systems before flight.
- Maintains records of maintenance, repairs, inspections, and any reports related to parts or services.
- Consults maintenance manuals and specifications to identify correct operations and specifications for replacements or repairs.
- Installs new parts to replace or repair defective or recalled parts or to enhance the performance of the aircraft; performs these tasks efficiently and to specifications.
- Repairs sheet metal as needed.
- Ensures proper function of engines and operating systems via a variety of tests and tools.
- Identifies and resolves mechanical problems based on visual inspections or reports from pilot or crew.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of aircraft parts, systems, and mechanics.
- Basic understanding of tools and testing methods used to ensure proper functioning of an aircraft and its parts, systems, and mechanics.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and adhere to manual instructions to resolve complex mechanical issues.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical inclination.
- Superior and careful workmanship.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to perform consistently in a continuous fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform basic inspections and repairs.
- Ability to learn new skills and methods of repairs.
- Sufficient oral and verbal communication skills, as needed, to discuss equipment malfunctions and complete reports.
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States, must provide two forms of Federal Identification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software used to complete and maintain records.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, vibrations, and loud noise levels both inside and outside the hangar.
- Possible exposure to a variety of extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to loud noises including airplane machinery and jet engines.
- Must be able to stand, lie, and kneel in awkward positions and spaces.
- Must be able to perform work on scaffolding or ladders.
- Must be able to frequently lift and pull objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- Manual dexterity and physical strength are necessary to operate tools and/or make adjustments and repairs.
- Must have visual acuity to inspect equipment and identify defects.
- Must be able to hear well enough to test sounds and identify functioning level of aircraft.
Dress Code and Uniform
- Well-groomed appearance
- Adherence to department dress code
- This position requires up to 5 percent travel. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Airframe and Powerplant certification by the FAA required
- 0-3 years of general work experience.
- Possesses a basic understanding of general aspects of the job, knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions.
- Working knowledge of all current FAA regulations, IPM and ATA codes.
Preferred education and experience
- Its preferred that you have at least three years of experience with corporate jets or show that you have the knowledge and skills needed to do the job.
- Corridor experience preferred.
flyExclusive does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sex stereotyping, gender identity, gender expression or transgender status), national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, protected genetic information, status as a parent, marital status, political affiliation, or retaliation based on prior protected EEO activity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.