TASK DESCRIPTION: The incumbent of this task will perform intermediate level structural repair to aircraft parts and components and perform "on aircraft repair" to flight control surfaces.
1. Perform structural repairs to aircraft components/parts.
2. Perform "on-aircraft-repair" to flight control surfaces and aircraft skins.
3. Manufacture Support Equipment items and control cables.
4. Perform modifications of aircraft components.
5. Support on-the-job training and cross training of Kuwait Air Force personnel.
1. A minimum of four years of Intermediate or Depot Level structural repair experience, with a minimum of three years experience in repair techniques.
2. Satisfactory completion of a corrosion control course with knowledge of corrosion identification and treatment.
3. Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication techniques, with experience in aircraft fastener installation and repairs and heat treatment.
4. Basic knowledge of the operation of composite repair temp/vacuum repair sets, the application of composite adhesives, and the special tools required for composite repair.
5. Basic understanding of Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) methods, with emphasis on NDI ultrasonic techniques for composite repair.
6. No security clearance required.