PDS TECH INC is currently looking for 2 Airworthiness Inspectors 1st shift for our client in Long Beach, CA
Unique Skills:Familiar working with CFR TITLE 14-Aeronautics and Space and FAA Regulations and Policies,
Proficient in PC operating systems and programs.
Education and Experience Requirements:High School graduate/GED. A & P / Airframe and Powerplant License required. Four (4) years aircraft experience on large/mid-size aircraft. Proficient in the utilization of Federal Aviation Regulations, FAA forms and documents. Proficient in blueprint reading and interpretation, shop mathematics and QC Procedures.
Position Purpose:The Airworthiness Inspector physically inspects aircraft, aircraft components, and reviews paperwork to ensure that workmanship meets acceptable standards of quality, and that customer aircraft are returned to service in an airworthy condition with all required documentation properly completed and filed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions: 1. Responsible for all Quality Control inspections on aircraft/components in the Repair Station.
2. Completes inspections of aircraft, engine, and component repairs and alterations to ensure conformity to FAA approved/acceptable data.
3. Coordinates mechanical, electrical and inspection requirements on the aircraft during maintenance or outfitting.
4. Keeps accurate, neat and legible records of the work performed on aircraft/components.
5. Coordinates throughout assigned jobs with RTS to ensure accurate aircraft records are produced in a timely manner.
6. Conducts audits of maintenance documentation for accuracy and completion on all aircraft prior to approval for return to service.
7. Ensures aircraft/components are airworthy prior to any flight activities.
8. Mentors technicians on effective documentation.
Additional Functions:1. Communicates with management as required to identify work assignments and delivery schedules.
2. Continually monitors repair station compliance with FAR Part 145 and the FAA accepted site Repair Station and Quality Control Manual.
3. Completes FAA required conformity inspections and complies certification data for presentation to the FAA for approval.
4. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
5. Performs other duties as required.
Other Requirements:1. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks.
2. Strong computer skills.
3. Must be able to work all shifts.
4. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas and lift up to 40 lbs.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.