Service, repair and overhaul aircraft to ensure airworthiness. Works under moderate supervision.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties include the following items:
- Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work in a safe and timely manner.
- Accurately completes required maintenance-related paperwork.
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and any required reading.
- Read and interpret manufacturer maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
- Help with general clean up of work area.
- Responsible for accurately clocking into jobs.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manage
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
- Show a continued aptitude for new assigned work.
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
High School education or equivalent and one year experience as a Service Technician at ATS, or Airframe and/or Powerplant License through Part 147 school with no experience or an equivalent combination of relevant military and/or general aviation experience.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up.
- The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle and climb ladders and aircraft stairs.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high.
- May occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- This position requires the use of a respirator
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC