Assembler C - 188077
Chipton Ross Inc •
Duration9 MonthsDescriptionChipton-Ross is seeking a Assembler C for an opening in Sylmar, CA.
Performs complex production assembly operations on structural parts, mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual or automated assembly tools.
• Assembly, packaging and test of optoelectronic products
• Hands-on experience in fiber optic & microelectronic device packaging, including working with packaging materials, mechanical components, optical components attachment methods and materials, as well as other optoelectronic and microelectronic package assembly processes.
• Experience aligning and assembling packaged optical components for use in optical fiber communications or other semiconductor devices.
• Familiarity and comfort of working with optical fibers
• Hands-on experience in alignment and assembly of fiber optical components as well as optical coupling alignment of optical fibers
• Must be able to operate, setup and prepare wire bonders, wedge bonders and wire pullers (manual and automatic bonders)
• Ability to work with very small components, including handling with tweezers and possess fine manual dexterity
• Ability to conduct inspection of devices and operate under a microscope.
• Knowledge of precision soldering including SMT repair of PCB boards.
• Ability to use various, die attach, optical and other adhesives and epoxies
• Knowledge of basic test equipment: DVM, micrometers, calipers, comparators
• Able to work based on travelers, schematics, drawings and engineering directions, perform tasks carefully, document work thoroughly and observe and detect any significant departures from normal process behavior.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to understand work instructions and modify as needed and maintain good and effective communication with management, engineering, and technician peers to continuously improve products and processes
• Good computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and ability to learn and operate specialty software
• Familiarity with ESD practices and LASER safety protocols
• Conduct precision assembly and test of optoelectronic components
• Operate, setup and perform basic troubleshooting of wire and wedge bonders, and wire pulling equipment
• Handle devices that include optical fibers
• Operate custom test equipment, that involves illumination by lasers and work in laser goggles when required
• Prepare reports as needed
• Functions are subject to change to meets the needs of the Company.
• Supports the implementation of engineering and production changes throughout product life cycle.
• Proactively identifies issues and offers solutions to the team.
• Sitting at Inspection Microscope for long periods.
• Daily use of computer and other equipment as required.
• Demonstrated manual dexterity in handling tiny parts with tweezers
• Must be able to attain soldering certifications
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)