Aviation Life Support Systems Technician / ALSS NAS Patuxent River, MD
Performs organizational level aviation life support system maintenance on aircraft assigned.
- Perform organization level ALSS maintenance on aircraft assigned under contract to DynCorp, Patuxent River, MD.
- Utilize all maintenance manuals, maintenance requirement cards, and work from related schematics, diagrams, drawings, technical directives, maintenance/servicing instructions and operational written procedures.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, removes and replaces associated parts and components on a variety of systems, such as aircraft mounted and aircrew ALSS (survival equipment), cabin environmental systems, equipment cooling, and liquid and gaseous oxygen systems.
- Performs inspections, maintain and repair survival equipment, flight gear and protective clothing, uses, adjusts, maintains and repairs sewing machines.Perform related duties in hazardous areas such as oxygen system, engine fire extinguishing systems including the removal and replacement of cartridge-actuated devices.
- Ensure all maintenance actions are performed in accordance with government safety standards.
- Possess thorough knowledge of flight line operations and procedures.
- Maintain ALSS (survival equipment) rotatable pool of personal survival equipment, aircrew equipment files and aircraft ALSS history records in the required logs and records.
- May work with other groups of personnel to resolve problems pertaining to ALSS systems.Immediate direction of other technicians on assigned tasks with ability to monitor all duties of the applicable classification.
- Will instruct and assist lower level employees in proper work methods and performance of their job duties.
- Perform related duties as assigned including Collateral Duty Inspector, and any and all duties of lower rated technical personnel within their classification.
- Assist other shop/skills as required.
- Comply with all current sections of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series applicable to aircraft maintenance and ALSS.
- Working knowledge of technical publications, NAMP and NALCOMIS aircraft maintenance applications.Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
Experience & Education
- Knowledge of equipment related aviation life support.
- Knowledge of military publications, drawings, blueprints, microfilm, diagrams and schematics is mandatory.
- Knowledge of military and/or company forms required by work requirements.
- Working knowledge of safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Possess a valid US State driver's license.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to obtain a Government flight line driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- High School degree or equivalent required.Completion of aviation life support related military or commercial course.
- Four years actual and recent experience in the repair, modification, maintenance and overhaul of equipment related to aviation life support.
- Must obtain appropriate support equipment and/or material handling licensing upon initial unit assignment.
- May work in Aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
Steve Northrup Senior Recruiter
Worldwide Recruiting & Staffing Services LLC
682- 263-0040 (cell)
Mileage reimbursement and first 30 days per Diem
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)