MSP Maintenance Technician I
Maryland State Police - Aviation Command •
The MSP Maintenance Technician I performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on Aviation Command helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. Troubleshoots problems and performs maintenance on associated aircraft ground support equipment. Ensures all aircraft are maintained, repaired, and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) regulations. Work performed effects availability of aircraft needed to support the Department's mission.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance inspections on Aviation Command aircraft to maintain them in airworthy condition. Perform flight test and operational checks on all equipment after maintenance
- Troubleshoot aircraft problems and discrepancies. Repair and modify airframe and engine components. Maintains superior knowledge of Maintenance Manuals. Navigates on-line and hard back Maintenance Manuals.
- Perform Inspection Sheet entries, maintenance manual revisions and record keeping of aircraft logs. Attends training courses as they become available.
- Maintain proper upkeep of tools and ground support equipment and their inventory. Drive motor vehicles and perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by Director of Maintenance (DOM), Aviation Technician Inspector Supervisor (ATIS), Aviation Maintenance Technician Helicopter Lead (AMTHL), Officer in Charge of Mission Support (OIC) or Commander.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in aircraft maintenance and actively engaged in aircraft maintenance within the last 6 months.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from a Federal Aviation Administration’s Part 147 Aviation Maintenance Technician School for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the Aviation Machinist Mate classification or Aviation, Aerospace Maintenance, or Aircraft Maintenance specialty codes in the Aviation Maintenance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
- Working in an FAA Part 135 or FAA Part 91 or similar military operation.
- Working at a FAA Part 145 Repair Station.
Licenses, Registrations and Certifications
- Employees in this classification must possess a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic License within three (3) months after the date of hire.
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- Applicants for positions with the Maryland State Police will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation and a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
- Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on 24 hour basis, and therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached. Working weekends ad holidays is required. Employee also subject to emergency call out. This is an Emergency Essential Employee.
- Employees in this classification must have access to an automobile for use on official business in the event a State vehicle cannot be provided. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
- Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
TO APPLY: https://www.jobapscloud.com/MD/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=22&R2=003801&R3=0001
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)