Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The primary function of the Technical Representative is to support Viasat’s customers at LAX while performing maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and return to service of the Viasat Broadband System onboard customer aircraft. The Technical Representative will assure that all work performed is accomplished in accordance with all company, airline manuals. The skill and knowledge level for this position must be commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing. Expect to work on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions. The Technical Representative interfaces and works collectively with Viasat’s airline partners to ensure good communication and closure of day-to-day maintenance concerns. The presentation of information will be frequent and must be delivered professionally.
- Work collectively with Viasat’s Maintenance Control Center (MCC) and Planning.Ensure that all the required maintenance and preventative maintenance is being performed in accordance with all company, airline and FAA regulations.
- Assist in diagnostics checks on Viasat system installed onboard customer aircraft..Provide training of the Viasat system to maintenance vendors and airline personnel.
- Ensures all tooling and equipment required to maintain the Viasat system is available and up to date.
- Assist Line Maintenance Manager in the development of improved maintenance and preventative maintenance of the Viasat system.
- Mentors others to ensure they achieve a thorough working knowledge of Viasat systems.
- Provide feedback to vendors and airline partners regarding Viasat systems and provide solutions needed for areas for Continuous Improvement.
- May on occasion be sent on field maintenance calls