Avionics Technician (Virginia)
Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
The Avionics Technician performs installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of all wiring, avionics systems and sub systems. Installs, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, removes and replaces aircraft instrument and avionics components and/or systems installed in various aircraft airframes using hand tools, ground support equipment, test equipment, and technical documents. Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents. Uses common test instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, oscilloscopes and similar equipment to effect repairs. Prioritizes workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects. Responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts. Perform other duties as requested. Ability to work various shifts and travel to support customer requirements.
ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the aviation avionics field. At least two (2) years H60 or equivalent rotary wing aircraft experience is preferred.
- Must be skilled/qualified in Naval Aircraft Maintenance, equivalent skill designation from other services or possess valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification.
- Must possess a high degree of expertise of aircraft electrical/avionics systems.
- Must demonstrates in-depth knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals and publications, and special tools and test equipment.
- Must be familiar with operational capabilities and limitations of electrical/avionics systems.
- Must be able to perform DEPOT Level aircraft maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, and modification of aircraft electrical/avionics systems.
- Must be able to utilize blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and manufacturers’ drawings and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
- Must be able to perform troubleshooting and rewiring of complex avionics/electrical systems and subsystems discrepancies and modifications.
- Must show the ability to install, inspect, test, adjust, or repair avionics equipment, such as radar, navigation, and missile control systems in aircraft.
- Must be able to apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance and instruction to other employees as needed.
- Must be able to apply to complete maintenance documentation accurately using required forms, as required by job assignment.
- Must provide own basic hand tools
- Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government. Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizen to apply
- The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Applicants will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned, by the supervisor. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)