Lead Avionics Technician - Brand New Diamond Aircraft
Are you seeking an opportunity to work in a progressive and exciting atmosphere? OxfordSaudia is a premier flight school in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and we are seeking someone just like you!
We have brand new Diamond Aircraft with exceptionally clean hangars. Here is your opportunity to join our team!
- The Avionics Technician performs the inspection, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, removal, and replacement of aircraft instrument and avionics components
- Avionics systems using various hand tools and test equipment to meet manufacturer's specifications
- Follow FAR's or GACA industry standards
- Follow RSM/QCM (Repair Station Manual and Quality Control Manual) in a safe and organized work area
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoots, repairs, test, removes and replaces avionics and instrument wiring and systems installed in various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials. Orders necessary parts to complete the job.
- Enters the description of work completed on the work order and properly documents removal and installation of aircraft parts and components according to approved data and OxfordSaudia's approved procedures.
- Assists in the resolution of discrepancies in avionics and instrument components and systems removed from aircraft.
- Accompanies flight crews to perform in-flight troubleshooting and adjustments and performs preflight evaluations of avionics and instrument systems.
- Communicates and interacts professionally with the managers and team to educate and answers questions regarding the technical functions of the aircraft, within an area of expertise.
- Maintains and cleans line maintenance test equipment and work area as required. Operates ground support equipment as necessary.
- Maintains technical training log.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management in relation to the position
- Will work as Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic as needed
Job Specific Requirements:
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification
- FCC Certification Preferrred
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; on-call as necessary
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; reads small print and identifies colors; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products and materials associated with component maintenance; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Must be available for all shifts
- FAR 91.411 or GACA 91.451
- FAR 91.413 or GACA 91.453
- Flight Recorder experience
- Garmin experience is desired (not mandatory)
- Minimum of 5 years of recent Avionics experience
- valid passport
- Willingness to work a minimum of one year contract to Saudi Arabia
- Company Paid Medical Insurance
- Relocation for family
- company paid-flight ticket home (vacation)
- housing is provided or a housing stipend is available
- transportation is provided
- generous compensation package
- Immigration Sponsorship and related costs covered
- Generous Holiday schedule and flexibility with scheduling
- The capability of advancement to Team Lead
- additional education is available for you as well!
- 2 years experience as an Avionics Technician/Installer
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License or Equivalent license is required
- FCC Lic. is preferred...
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Part 145 experience preferred
- Valid PASSPORT is required
- Garmin G1000 preferred
This is NOT a ROTATIONAL job, this requires a full time relocation, families are most welcome.
Minimal after initial training
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)