Avionics Technician 1
Worldwide Aviation Support Services •
Responsible for inspecting, testing, adjusting and repairing avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, pulse, navigation, auto pilot and compass systems, installed in aircraft, using hand tools and test equipment for Huey aircraft.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
- Inspect components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness, using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit analyzers.
- Adjust, repair or replace defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents, using hand tools.
- Calibrates installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Accompany flight crew to perform in-flight adjustments and to determine and record required post-flight repair work. - Complies with FAR required maintenance such as 91.411 and 91.413 inspections.
- Operate ground station for air-to-station check of radar or other equipment.
- Fabricate wiring harnesses.
- Complies with Avionics upgrades and modifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- FCC License w/Element 3 or FAA A&P License
- Current FAA issued Mechanic certificate with Airframe and Radiotelephone License issued by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have three (3) years of experience in aircraft electronics installation, troubleshooting and repair.
-CMF 15 aviation MOS series or other military/commercial
equivalent (15N preferred)
- Must have experience with working from blueprint drawings, diagram, specifications, service manuals, sketches, templates and other incomplete data.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
Qualifications - External
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role requires the employee to be fully vaccinated against COVID
1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
10. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)