Twin Otter Airborne Research •
This position requires a strong knowledge of aircraft avionics and instrument systems. The job includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting, inspection of aircraft or systems and general mechanic application. Overall coordination of work flow for the project will also be a primary function. Work order processing, log book entries, and required FAA forms are routine duties. Job duties may vary each day and will encompass projects as designated by the Maintenance Manager. Will be required to work independently and lead multiple projects. Will have direct customer contact.
Perform general avionics support items on aircraft including FAR 91.411 and 91.413 certifications and avionics inspections. This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components. Troubleshooting and evaluation of systems on the aircraft when designated. Inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components when designated. Ability to mark wires, fabricate wiring harnesses and perform wire terminations. Aircraft movement and performance verification of systems. Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling to support operations. Work independently on projects and lead multiple projects as assigned. Schedule and work quality are essential in these functions. Work with team members in daily work and project management for completion of projects. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent.
- Electrical tech school.
- Experience 3-5 years prior experience on aircraft maintenance.
- FAA paperwork and work order process experience.
- Initiative Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
- Able to process work with minimum supervision. Ability to lead and provide incentive to team members.
- Able to deal directly with customers, including technical representatives.
- Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
- Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties. Maintain customer-oriented work habits. Completion of FAA paperwork, and logbook entries. Consistently uphold quality standards and adhere to avionics repair procedures and policies.
- Contacts Technicians in Avionics department or other departments. Maintenance Managers. Team Company sales representatives. Customers and outside vendors.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
- Routing or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Mental Requirements Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot or evaluate system operation.
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner.
- Ability to coordinate projects.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Will work with minimal supervision from time to time.
- Work with other Team members on multiple projects in a cooperative manner.
- The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar if available.
- Work outside during aircraft runs will occur.
- Varied positions in and around the aircraft or shop area.
- Personal hand tools supplied by the technician.
- Various electrical equipment.
- Jacks, stands, lifts and other support devices.
- Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.
- Personal computer and work order prints.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)