Hillsboro Aviation is seeking an experienced Bell 205A1 A&P Mechanic with CDL to join our growing team of maintenance professionals working for our Bell Customer Service Facility. The primary focus of this position is turbine field/contract maintenance. This position would require travel and frequent short, long duration and / or seasonal trips in support of on-going contractual requirements.
• Inspection and repair of helicopter and components to be maintained with the highest standards of the FAR's, manufacturer's programs, Hillsboro's AAIP and repair station guidelines.
• Ability to routinely perform 100 hour, 300 hour, 600hour, phase inspections and other scheduled and unscheduled maintenance items.
• Removal, re-installation and replacement of major components such as main rotor and tail rotor blades, main transmissions, tail rotor gear boxes, main rotor and tail rotor hub assemblies. Tail rotor balance, main rotor track and balance.
• Component inspection and overhaul of mentioned components.
• Lycoming T53-17 Maintenance
• USFS/DOI contract coverage as Mechanic/Fuel Truck Driver during summer months.
• Field travel will be required.
• Ability to use computer databases and software programs to track on-going maintenance.
• Valid FAA A&P Certificate issued at least 24 prior to application date.
• Commercial driver’s license with hazmat endorsement (or ability to obtain)
• Documented evidence of maintaining a Bell 205A1++ within the previous 10 years
• At least 18 months out of the last 24 months must have been actively engaged in helicopter maintenance
• At least 12 months experience as an A&P mechanic maintaining helicopters
• At least 12 months experience maintaining a Bell 205A1++
• At least 3 months experience as an A&P within the past 2 years
• At least 1 full season of experience under “field” conditions within the previous 10 years
• At least 3 months experience maintaining a helicopter away from an operators principle base of operations
• Ability to obtain a USFS mechanic card
• Bell medium factory training courses (field maintenance, component overhaul, electrical maintenance)
• Management or shop lead level experience / desire.
• Willingness to adjust work schedule in order to be available for after hour call outs as needed. This duty is shared with other mechanics.
• Willingness to learn and contribute in maintaining the other aircraft in Hillsboro Aviation's fleet as needed.
• Extensive sheet metal experience.
• CDL with HAZMAT endorsement
About Hillsboro Aviation:
Founded in 1980, Hillsboro Aviation is known internationally as a leader in the general aviation industry for providing quality aviation products and services including FBO services, helicopter and airplane charter services, aircraft and parts sales, MRO services, avionics equipment sales, and installations. Hillsboro Aviation has flown over 1.2 million hours in its 36-year history and supported a variety of missions including aerial firefighting, sightseeing and construction, search and rescue, TV news, aerial survey, and seismic operations. The company has sold over 1000 new and used aircraft and represents over 50 of the industry’s leading manufacturers, suppliers and vendors. Hillsboro Aviation is headquartered at the Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO). Learn more at hillsboroaviation.com.