C-130J Power-plant and Propeller Systems Mechanic
Lockheed Martin •
Description:This position is located at a Customer site in Iraq. C-130J Power-plant and Propeller systems mechanic; this position is for a highly motivated person to be responsible for performing daily organizational level maintenance in accordance with Iraq Air Force (IqAF) USAF/LM based technical data and directives; render technical assistance to IqAF personnel in the assembly, operation, service repair and modification of the C-130J; investigate, provide advice, and report on the disposition of difficulties arising in the operation of aircraft equipment in service; conduct informal On-the-Job Training (OJT) to IqAF technicians in the repair, replacement and service of C-130J systems and in the performance of preventive maintenance. Reads and interprets technical data. Uses test equipment such as oscilloscopes, analyzers, and multi-meter’s and acts as a source of information to the IqAF within individual areas of expertise. Maintain a good working relationship with IqAF customer personnel and be aware of and respect cultural differences at the host location. As a member of this maintenance team, you will be able to pass along your knowledge and expertise, which will be instrumental to the IqAF ability to become a self-sufficient Air Force.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years Power-plant and Propeller systems experience on C-130 aircraft of which 4 years must be on C-130J.
- Must have a craftsman level (7-Level USAF) in a like position, system or equivalent i.e.… Navy CDQAR
- Must have a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting and/or repair procedures and replacement of components, and a thorough knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Experienced in troubleshooting malfunctions in C-130J airframe and power-plant system of moderate difficulty at the Operational maintenance level
- Experienced in repairing and replacing C-130J aircraft engine, fuel system, anti-icing, pneumatic, auxiliary power unit, propeller, drive train, and secondary power systems
- 8 years of C-130J Power-plant and Propeller experience
- C-130J Digital Transfer and Diagnostic System (DTADS) operations knowledge and experience
- Ten (10) years of relevant training experience in military systems
- Experience working in Foreign Military Sales environment
- Experience working at an operational customer site
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)