We are seeking a CBA Tool and Parts Attendant at our AIMD Program in Meridian, MS. The successful candidate employs knowledge of tool room procedures, safety procedures, and aviation supply. Has technical knowledge of illustrated parts breakdown manuals and NALCOMIS system. Follows written procedures for ordering, receiving, issuing, maintaining, and inventorying tools, equipment, and property. Utilizes the ability to inventory, issue and control a wide variety of parts, materials, tools, and equipment used in aircraft maintenance
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work directly for the Production Manager on Tool Control Program-related issues. Serve as the Tool Program Coordinator for AIMD be very familiar with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Tool Control Program and other local and Company instructions.
- Perform program inventories, inspections, and audits as scheduled or requested. Receives, inventories, stores, and issues special tools, parts, PPE, and materials as required. Must be familiar with the Navy Supply System IAW CNAF 4790.2 series, and NAVSUP P485. Must be familiar with all HAZMAT procedures such as SDS sheets and their locations, verification, manufacture, and expiration dates, and AULs.
- Must be knowledgeable of Electrostatic Discharge procedures for equipment protection during turn-in and shipment.
- Requisition supplies, tools, and equipment as required and maintain requisition logs and files of all requisitions.
- Pick-up and deliver material and tools from/to the applicable source/destination. Order parts, tools, materials, and equipment as required.
- Initiate follow-up actions for logistics issues as necessary.
- Maintain Government-furnished tool inventories.
- Issue and return to store all tools and special equipment.
- Engrave, etch, tag, or mark tools and equipment as necessary.
- Visually inspect tools and equipment for wear or defects and report damaged and worn-out equipment. Make minor repairs to tools as required, authorized, or directed. Input data entry elements necessary to maintain inventory and related contract accountability requirements.
- Perform technical research utilizing manuals, publications, catalogs, bulletins, and directives. Perform required inventory functions as directed. Compile usage data for periodic excessing reviews.
- May be required to perform logistics duties, (i.e. during periods of increased workload). Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention and Tool Control rules and regulations.
- Must be able to operate Forklift.
- May be required to perform off-site service.
- May be required to perform duties of HAZMAT/HazWaste Custodian or Assistant Custodian when authorized and designated.
- May be required to perform scheduled/unscheduled inventories.
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards.
- Other projects and initiatives as assigned as well as other reasonably related duties when directed.