Provide line inspection, repair and recovery maintenance activity for the operator’s aircraft at various locations. Traveling Mechanics should be available to travel on short notice while on duty and may also be transported by company aircraft to the location required.
This position reports directly to the Director of Maintenance (DOM). The primary responsibilities are to provide both high quality and regulatory compliant maintenance, repair or oversight to company aircraft to ensure the safe, on-time and efficient operation. Secondarily, provide advice, insight and mechanical condition information to the aircraft’s Pilot in Command related to the maintenance status of the aircraft, MEL application and equipment operation. Using high-performance team dynamics, ensure leadership, direction and effective communication to foster a teamwork environment, ensure optimal information flow with all maintenance leadership and fellow mechanics so as to assist in team building initiatives. Interface and collaborate closely with other Corporate senior management colleagues as well as Dispatch, In-Flight Operations and Flight Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position is “ south east Florida home based” with frequent travel to maintain/repair aircraft principally at Fixed Base Operators or MRO facilities.
- Maintain and repair aircraft including airframe, avionics, powerplant and cockpit/cabin items
- Perform a pre or post-flight safety check of the aircraft considering all the regulations and policies of aircraft inspection
- Report to the company’s management if aircraft require additional maintenance that is unable to be accomplished on-site
- Give clearance to the aircraft for continued operation at the conclusion of either scheduled or AOG maintenance
- Ensure all documentation and logbook entries are completed and signed at the completion of maintenance activity
- Coordinate with vendors/suppliers as necessary to complete maintenance activity
- Prepare required or requested maintenance reports in an orderly fashion and file to electronic record-keeping systems