Casual Heavy Maintenance Representative
Air Transport International, Inc. •
Directly responsible to the Manager of Heavy Maintenance for the day-to-day oversight of company owned and/or operated out of service aircraft. This includes the supervision of vendors and company personnel relevant to the maintenance activities associated within the heavy check environment. Duties include negotiation with contract maintenance vendors, which supply maintenance and related services, contract installation service providers, and engineering firms as well as the aircraft manufacturer. Scheduling subordinates “time on sight” as well as designating work assignments. Coordinate with other departments for tooling, personnel, and material to keep the aircraft on schedule and on proposed budget. Be thoroughly familiar with the FAA Approved Maintenance Inspection Program so as to coordinate with the Quality Control department to provide suggestions and/or recommendations for various program improvements.
- Planning, negotiating, meeting, authorizing payments, ensuring the effective/efficient utilization of manpower is placed on aircraft. Including consultation with vendor when needed on manpower issues and scheduling of other vendors utilized in the facility.
- Ensure vendors perform maintenance on company aircraft using appropriate processes and procedures utilizing approved acceptable data. Ensure accomplishment of proper return to service paperwork is complete.
- Interface with other departments for proper timing and composition of company documentation, i.e. Company Engineering Orders. Oversight and observation of both contractors and vendor in performance of their assigned duties. General regulatory compliance of maintenance performed on aircraft.
- Administration – signing, review, and process of company documents related to vendor, employee or material.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Job Skills:
- High school diploma required. Associates degree desired.
- Minimum of four (4) years Heavy Maintenance experience
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft, associated systems and structures. (767 or 757 experience/training required)
- A&P License, with a minimum of 10 years experience
- Associates degree desired. Bachelor Degree preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to work at heights up to 80 feet
- Work from ladders up to 10 feet
- Climb up to 3 flights of stairs.
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC