Completions Trainee (entry level) - Savannah, GA
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Position Type: Contractor
This is an entry-level position in which the individual will be trained in one or more of the aircraft completions craft disciplines such as, but not limited to, cabinet making, cabinet finishing, upholstery, carpet and installation. In a team environment and under direct supervision, performs a variety of operations in a completions department.
- Under specific instruction and guidance, perform the creation of and/or the assembly of various parts to complete a desired finished product such as an aircraft seat or aircraft furniture.
- Through OJT and classroom instruction, become proficient in the use of hand tools and power tools required. for the assigned tasks.
- Ensure work meets required. quality standards through self-inspection and assessment by Quality Control Inspectors.
- Learn to read electronic work orders, electronic drawings, and specification sheets to determine sequence of operation and work requirement.
- Works with decreasing supervision as experience is gained. May need direct supervision with each new task.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level position.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Essential communication skills include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, and basic computer keyboard skills.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Proficiency in current personal computer-based software.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Must be able to lift and transport objects up to 40 pounds.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)