LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Composites Fabricator I for an opportunity in Ashburn, VA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be capable of working independently or in a small group setting. This position requires the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a
focus on quality and attention to detail. Required tasks will include the fabrication of composites using various techniques and types of materials, painting, composites trimming and bonding, integration, etc. Fabrication experience, manufacturing experience, and/or aviation maintenance experience are required for this position.
Composites fabrication experience is a plus.
- 85% of time - Performs all duties required to fabricate and integrate composite parts and assemblies. Tasks required may include:
- Constructs wet layups and/or Pre-Pregs of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and/or Kevlar utilizing various methods such as compression molds, vacuum bagging, and compression bladders
- Operates ovens to complete bonding cycle. Controls conditions of heat and time by setting and operating various controls according to the specifications for the materials and the bonding agents being used
- Performs minor part-fitting operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, sanding, sawing, burring, crimping, framing, riveting, and reaming
- Bonds a variety of materials (composite, metal, or laminate) to parts, components, assemblies, equipment or structures to complete semi-finished or finished products
- Assemblies and integrates sub-assemblies to composite structures
- Paints composite structures
- 5% of time - Documents new processes, recommends updates for existing processes, and reviews drawings in support of engineering
- 5% of time - Monitors and verifies quality of finished product. Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
- 5% of time - Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholding corporate safety standards