- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- At least 2 years of experience using hands tools in the aerospace, manufacturing, marine or automotive industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with reaming, honing and/or countersinking of uniform close tolerance holes in proper sequence while using the correct tool for the job (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner)
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, an understanding for drawing symbols, flag notes and general notes
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, read Travelers and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Attention to detail and accuracy while working within a fast-paced production environment
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
- Must be willing to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.