Contract/Direct S/M Mechanic - Rockford
Structures/Sheet Metal Mechanic
TechFlyte is a leading supplier of aeronautic professionals to premier aviation companies and is looking to hire top-rate S/M Mechanics in Rockford, Illinois! These are contract and direct hire positions offering teamwork and a culture that is second to none, total compensation $25 – $31/hour.
STRUCTURES/SHEET METAL MECHANIC HIGHLIGHTS:
- Total Compensation (DOE): $25 – $31/hour – paid weekly
- GREAT Per Diem Package!
- Location: Rockford, Illinois
- Duration: Contract and Direct Hire Opportunities
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits offered for contract opportunities
- Cash Advances Offered - MUST be on the job for 3 days - $300/maximum
STRUCTURES/SHEET METAL MECHANIC ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of shop equipment and special installation tools to include drill presses, shears, brakes, blind rivet guns, and band saws
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft component structures
- Repair and modify flight control surfaces and components
- Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify aircraft structures
- Ability to complete basic parts fabrication to include clips, brackets, doublers, and angles
- Corrosion removal/damage evaluation and finish restoration
- Ability to complete basic repairs, blend outs, small skin doublers, and small reinforcing doublers
- Ability to layout work using bend radius, set back and bend allowance charts, utilization of shop math, install and/or splice spars, landing gear, trunnion changes, pressure bulkhead repairs, and keal beam repairs/removal and reinstall
STRUCTURES/SHEET METAL MECHANIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
STRUCTURES/SHEET METAL MECHANIC EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must have experience in MROs
- Must have previous commercial Structures experience
- Must have worked 6 months in the last 2 years in aviation
- Must have own tools
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Must be willing to submit to a drug screen, background check, and be in compliance with all FAA rules and regulations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- 3 years experience on Airbus fleet
TechFlyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)