DHC-6 Twin Otter A&P Mechanic
Twin Otter Airborne Research •
Looking to hire 3-5 year hourly fulltime, energetic, self-motivated, licensed Airframe and Powerplant mechanic with three to five years experience on DHC-6-300 is a plus, with the following requirements. This position requires knowledge of airframe and powerplant maintenance per FAA guidelines and ability to remove and install parts and components for repair of aircraft, basic electrical system knowledge, and mechanical aptitude. Job duties will vary each day and are delegated by floor supervisor. Travel offsite to and from various locations is required on rotation to support customers in the field. May be required to work independently on occasion.
Essential Job functions
- Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance on airframe and powerplant, aircraft components and systems including inspections.
- Heavy maintenance on airframe and powerplant.
- Perform D checks on airframe and landing gear.
- Repair of Sheetmetal, composites and also fabrication.
- Ability to perform minor and major alterations to aircraft.
- Buildup of QEC PT6A-27/34 powerplants.
- Troubleshooting of aircraft systems and components.
- Ability to calibrate aircraft systems and components.
- Installation and removal of customers specialty equipment.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance manual.
- Be professional and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with others in team environment.
- Able to handle constructive criticism, take delegation, maintain composure, and handle stress.
- Must have tools organized (shadowed) for tool control program.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current A&P License.
- A valid driver’s license and valid passport.
- 3-5 years experience maintaining aircraft, powerplants, and components.
- Experience in disassembly of aircraft down to frames, inspect, repair and reassemble.
- Self-motivated and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Produce quality work with minimal supervision or rework.
- Attend work everyday as scheduled to include overtime and some weekend workload. Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work. Work schedule is 06:00 -14:30 Monday through Friday with some weekends and evenings.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Perform all work in accordance with current Federal Aviation Administration guidelines and maintenance manuals.
- Perform work in a safe and timely manner also while being reliable, dependable and accountable.
- Follow all company guidelines and safety rules during performance of duties.
- Maintain customer-oriented work habits.
- Assist in major projects when needed.
- Other technicians in main hangar or other shops.
- Company purchaser and shipping and receiving.
- Customers and outside vendors.
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Routine walking, bending, sitting or squatting.
- Routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands with emphasis on gripping, feeling, and finger dexterity.
- Working on ladders.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines including but not limited to FAA, OSHA, hazmat, etc.
- Communicate with employees, customers and vendors in a professional manner.
- Work with others in a professional manner.
- Read various documents and drawings.
- Plan and organize workload, procedures, and operations.
- Work under supervision of supervisor or lead on all projects.
- May be delegated to lead other technicians in some capacity.
- Work with minimal supervision when required.
- The majority of the maintenance will be accomplished in a heated hangar or shop area.
- Work on aircraft on ramp in all conditions on occasion.
- Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
- Personal hand tools supplied by the mechanic.
- Electrical power tools such as sanders, saws, drills, etc.
- Paint booth and all related equipment.
- Aircraft tugs and tow bars.
- Computers, copy machine, fax machine, etc.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)