Apollo MedFlight LLC is a safety focused air medical healthcare service provider headquartered in Amarillo, TX working with hospital partners and first responders in regional markets in the U.S. Apollo MedFlight provides emergent healthcare services to urban and rural market utilizing fixed wing and rotor wing assets. We are seeking an experienced Director of Maintenance with the necessary qualifications to oversee our FAA Part 135 operations.
The Director of Maintenance (DOM) is critical member of our executive leadership team that reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and ensures safety is our highest priority. The DOM regularly collaborates with the Director of Operations and other senior non-certificate leaders. The DOM and their regional maintenance leaders are responsible for planning maintenance of all assets, scheduling maintenance events to minimize out of service time, responding to unscheduled events, managing parts inventory, hiring, and coaching of maintenance personnel, certificate management and compliance, and fiscal budgeting processes. The Director of Maintenance will exemplify Apollo MedFlight’s vision, mission, and values in supporting the customers and communities we serve. The DOM must be an effective communicator with leadership attributes that drive a Just Culture work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Safety is the first and highest priority in all operations, actively participating in the Apollo MedFlight safety and quality assurance programs.
- Manage all aspects of aircraft maintenance and ensure all work is scheduled and performed in a safe and timely manner to minimize out of service time to the communities and patients we serve.
- Lead and direct a maintenance team in a 24-7 service environment.
- Collaborate daily with Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, Clinical Leader, OCC and Communications Center Director, Safety Manager, Human Resources and Business Development
- Protect and manage aircraft parts and tool inventories to protect in service times while demonstrating fiscal responsibility.
- Drive compliance with all regulations for aviation maintenance operations.
- Develop aviation maintenance strategies by analyzing department costs and maintenance cost projections.
- Lead the fiscal budgeting process for the maintenance department working in conjunction with the COO, CFO and financial team leaders.
- Nurture a safety culture by maintaining open communication and the application of the FAA’s Voluntary SMS Program