This announcement is for a Director of Quality Control (QC)/Chief Inspector with RavnAir Group. This position reports to the Vice President of Technical Operations for RavnAir Group and is responsible for overseeing the Quality Control department and Maintenance Records staff, ensuring regulatory standards and compliance are upheld to the highest level. The successful candidate will have a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) certificate, at least three years’ experience on similar airframes, and previous supervisory experience.
This is a non-exempt, full time, benefits-eligible position. Position works Monday through Friday in Anchorage, however overtime may be required as dictated by business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive and progressive quality control department while developing and revising procedures that maximize quality standards and implementing programs to ensure regulatory compliance and standards of quality;
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies;
- Ensures inspection personnel training requirements are met;
- Oversees major repairs and alterations of aircraft to insure work is performed in accordance with approved data documentation is complete, correct, and submitted to the administrator;
- Continually monitors FAA regulatory compliance documents for updates and revisions;
- Reviews Airworthiness Directives (AD) and Manufacturer's Service Bulletins (SB) for applicability, compliance and ensure proper documentation;
- Conducts annual inspector training;
- Responsible for all Outsourced Maintenance Events;
- Supervises maintenance technical manual control;
- Performs Required Inspection Items (RII) inspections;
- Conducts Airworthiness Release;
- Approves new products for use on Company aircraft, systems, and/or components;
- Responsible for the quality of the procedures associated with required inspection items, RII personnel, and RII training programs, control of calibrated tools and test equipment;
- Discharge duties to meet applicable legal requirements and maintain safe operation;
- Engages in courteous and respectful interactions with customers, supervisors, co-workers, and business associates and promotes a professional image of the company;
- Identifies and reports safety hazards in the work environment or when confronted with an unsafe situation. Promotes a positive Safety Culture with co-workers, follows accident prevention procedures, and supports the organization in compliance with Safety Management System (SMS);
- Other duties as assigned and within the scope of this position.
Peninsula Aviation Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Peninsula Aviation Services, Inc. depends solely on your qualifications.