Electrical Technician I-200179
Chipton Ross Inc •
Work with engineers and scientists' controls systems on production, testing and installation of control systems, Pulse Power equipment, X-ray Generators, and Digital Imaging. This includes both hardware and software aspects of x-ray generation and imaging systems. This is a senior-level position. Substantial use and application of basic principles, theories and concepts. Develops solutions to routine and non-routine technical problems of limited scope. Work with limited supervision. Follows instructions that may not be detailed. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, engineers, and scientists.
- Works in an industrial environment building and testing high-voltage electrical equipment
- Assembles electromechanical, electrical, and mechanical products including wiring and cabling from schematics
- Builds control cabinets and chassis from assembly drawings and schematics. Tests completed assemblies to confirm form fit and functionality via test procedures
- Builds and repairs electrical cabling and wire harnesses
- Integrates sub-assemblies into final system, including final acceptance testing
- Operate X-ray producing equipment on inert, industrial samples
- Must be a US person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Must be able to solder electrical parts, connectors to wire assemblies. Training in IPC-A-610 and IPC-J-STD a plus.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- 3-5 years' experience in a R&D environment working on electrical and electronics, and a HS Diploma/GED are required.
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits, ionization radiation, and high voltage
- Proficient with computer applications, such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to review and interpret work instructions, designs and drawings, with tooling and end item processes and products
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- Experience with LabVIEW, cRIO, PLCs is a plus
- Technical background in NDT methods and procedures a plus
- Industrial Radiography Radiation Safety Personnel (IRRSP) certification a plus
- Physical Abilities: Use of arms, hands and fingers; lift and carry; focus on objects within 20 inches, shift focus and distinguish colors as needed to perform assigned experiments.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED are required, 2 years of post-secondary/associate degree a plus.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)