Electro-mechanical Technician III
Thales Group, Inc. •
Thales is currently seeking an Electro-mechanical Repair Technician III in Piscataway, New Jersey (relocation to Orlando, FL in approximately 8-12 months with assistance provided. The Thales Electromechanical Repair Technician III is responsible for all critical repair, maintenance, test, and modifications of electro-mechanical equipment in accordance with FAA regulations.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electro-mechanical equipment to component level in accordance with FAA regulations
- Modifies equipment according to service bulletin and/or manufacturer documentation
- Works independently with little or no supervision, unless in need of collaboration with another technician
- Carries out prescribed procedures according to an established schedule, and discovers further repair work required without direct instruction
- Receives training in the use of more specialized test instruments and learn advanced troubleshooting procedures
- Follows specific layout and schematic diagrams to repair and maintain simple or advanced devices or subunits of equipment and schematic diagrams
- Review work orders to ensure customer requested activities have been complied with, prior to release of the repair
- May work on alternative assignments with detailed written or oral instructions
- Completes quality and production paper work, prepares estimates, and maintains maintenance documentation in accordance with current quality assurance requirements
- Communicates with cross-functional departments as required to support repair process
- Participates in Technician cross-training programs and may be assigned to other teams for short or long term assignments
- Completes repairs in accordance with company ISO procedures and within company objectives
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be willing and able to begin employment in Piscataway, NJ and relocate to Orlando, FL within 8-12 months of hire date.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience in servicing electro-mechanical equipment, maintenance or production experience preferred in commercial airline and/or aviation product commercial airline and/or aviation product support field or a two (2) year college level degree in an electronics related field, four (4) years of avionics preferred or eight (8) years of related experience preferred. Prior military or commercial aviation repair/maintenance experience preferred
- Required to have an advanced understanding of electro-mechanical theory and techniques and familiarity with standard power generation components
- Advanced understanding in the use of more specialized test instruments and learn advanced troubleshooting procedures
- Ability to query historical and other data for LRUs within the database or SAP
- Able to meticulously document incoming product condition and maintenance activities
- Pass a seven (7) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- FAA Repair Certificate a plus
- Familiarity with hand tools and or not limited to use precision measuring tools such as Micrometers and Calipers.
- Familiarity with tooling lathe and various air tools
- Must have experience using a PC (personal computer)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and wiring diagrams
- Must have understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations and other governing regulatory requirements
- Ability to read technical literature, follow oral instructions and communicate with cross functional team members.
- Identify mechanical and operational problems and take corrective actions to repair
- Must be able to read and understand all diagrams and schematics, and engineering print(s) of: mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to use basic and advanced test instruments and perform adjustments as necessary
- Understanding and advanced experience in troubleshooting AC/DC generators
- Ability to determine when scope of job is beyond existing skill set or requires additional support
- Willing to think out-of-the-box to solve operational and technical problems
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)