Electromechanical Assembler 1
DRS Technologies •
Job ID: [[id]]
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.
This position requires mechanical and electrical skills for the assembly of power distribution and conditioning equipment. This position requires that the assembler be flexible and able to alternate between jobs as workload dictates. The assembler may work alone or in a team and is responsible for achieving allocated times for the tasks they are performing with good quality. The successful candidate will require 2+ years’ experience in the assembly of mechanical and electronic components, including point-to-point wiring. The candidate will be able to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, and work in a low volume, high mix manufacturing environment with build-to-print projects. In order to maintain this position upon hire, all candidates must successfully complete the required basic training program for assembly employees in the first 20 days which includes obtaining certifications required to perform the assembly, followed by successfully completing hands-on training of approximately 70 additional days. This position operates under a collective bargaining agreement and pays $19.23/hr weekly, plus benefits.
- Assembly and/or wiring of electrical cabinets, including building of production sub-assemblies, using detailed work instructions and standard and specialized hand tools
- Read, understand and work to product documentation (blue prints, detailed drawings, procedures, etc.)
- Correctly generate detailed assembly records documenting actions taken
- Interface with quality representatives, manufacturing engineers, and/or customer representatives to ensure the highest possible quality on product manufactured in the time allotted and/or required
- With guidance and oversight (from higher level Assembler) assemble, wire, and/or case pre-production products
- Visually inspect work previously performed by others
- Perform necessary changes, modifications, and/or repairs as directed
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe work environment
- Access and use of electronic data mechanisms such as digital paper and electronic mail
- Train and/or assist other employees as required
- Perform other duties and assist in projects, as directed by supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and wiring diagrams and use as an assembly guide; demonstrated 10th grade reading and math ability
- Ability to work independently and also contribute as a team member
- Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools
- Able to follow written and oral instructions
- U.S. Citizenship required
- 2-3 years comparable experience strongly preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds, be able to stand for up to 9 hours a day and perform walking, lifting, bending, stooping and kneeling requirements. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)