Engine Mechanic (J85)
4M HR Logistics •
Maintains, repairs, and overhauls aircraft engines, modules,
components and accessories to assure compliance with established company
standards, contractual obligations and airworthiness regulatory requirements.
Performs technical troubleshooting using mechanical ability and extensive
product knowledge. Cross trains in other complementary skills as needed to
support production requirements.
• Performs dismantling and assembly of complete engines, modules, components
and assemblies in accordance with all customer, regulatory, and company
requirements using hand or power tools.
• Troubleshoots to identify problems and adjusts and repairs products according
to specifications and established procedures.
• Interprets technical specifications, directives and relevant publications to
identify product discrepancies and deficiencies.
• Interprets technical standards, drawings, specifications, and other relevant
documentation using mechanical precision measuring tools and instruments as required;
verifies the conformance of parts to manuals and blueprints with respect to
• Uses machines, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, plant equipment and consumables
necessary to carry out the required tasks.
• Checks for serviceability, conformity documentation completeness and
compatibility to applicable standards.
• Replaces defective parts and reassembles units ensuring conformance with
applicable regulations and manufacturer's specifications.
• Maintains detailed repair and certification records and reports of work
• Assures that only airworthy equipment is available for the safe and timely
completion of customer's engines, modules, components and assemblies.
• Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
• Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those
skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills
endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
• Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting
immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• Ability to read,
understand and interpret schematics, graphs, blueprints, and other technical
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the
average work day.
• Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
• Extensive product knowledge of respective business segment.
• Knowledgeable and proficient in the proper use of precision measuring
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related
internal control systems.
• Ability to follow and understand related company instructions, company
processes, overhaul manuals, and original equipment manufacturer's manuals.
• Specialized training in engineering or aircraft maintenance (AME, A&P,
AMT); or equivalent.
• Experience as an aircraft mechanic in an aerospace environment.
• Ability to work day shift or second shift as required.
• J85 engine MRO experience preferred.
• Must be authorized to work in the US
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)