SkyBridge Aviation LLC •
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Reports to: Lead Mechanic Classification: Hourly/ Non-Exempt
Summary: To perform maintenance covering the repair and/or disassembly of aircraft engines from the Willis Lease’s fleet and Third Party Customers coming through the Repair Station. Performs a variety of tasks within a team environment and is self-motivated, driven by results, achievement and in meeting goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs, performs safety sensitive duties as follows.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble engines according to OEM procedures.
- Identify parts using applicable manual references.
- Perform maintenance which includes QEC removal, installation, engine disassembly and repair on engines owned by Willis Lease and Third Party Customers.
- Examine engine and components to determine the extent of any defects requiring repair or replacement of the part.
- Test engine and operating systems for proper functioning using array of appropriate tools.
- Uses maintenance manuals and specifications to determine correct operating condition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must have a FAA A&P License.
- Min 3-5 year experience. CFM56-5B, CFM56-7B and V2500 preferred.
- Careful workmanship and attention to detail in performing duties.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions because of degree of responsibility required.
- Ability to read, understand and follow manual instructions in English
- Writing and oral communication skills sufficient to prepare reports and to discuss equipment malfunction.
- Ability to lift or pull objects weighing as much as 70 pounds frequently.
- Agility to stand, lie, or kneel in awkward positions and to perform work from scaffolds or ladders.
- Manual dexterity required to operate tools to make adjustments and repairs.
- Sufficient visual acuity to inspect equipment for defects.
- Ability to work, at times, in small confined spaces.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: FAA A&P License required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in warehouse work environment. Weekend and late evening work when necessary. International and Domestic travel may be required.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC