Equipment Maintenance Technician
Joby Aviation •
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
An Equipment Maintenance Technician is needed for supporting the installation, repair, and maintenance of our production equipment at our Marina, CA facility. This position will support the R&D, design, production, flight test, systems integration, composite part fabrication, and construction teams.
- Perform Preventative and Corrective Maintenance on different types of production and mechatronics equipment
- Help find, inspect, and assist with production equipment purchasing and initial install and setup
- Follow a preventive maintenance program to properly service and maintain all current and future production equipment
- Working with machine vendors and sub-contractors to collect requirements and installation details for all new and used industrial equipment
- Equipment to be maintained and repaired includes: Automation equipment (robotics), CNC machines, process ovens, autoclaves, air compressors, material handling equipment, forklifts, fleet vehicles, vacuum pumps, freezers, and HVAC equipment
- Reports to the Manufacturing Equipment Lead
- Trade certificate, or minimum of 5 years of experience in maintaining a Industrial/Manufacturing facility or equivalent
- Ability to analyze problems and error conditions, identify root causes, and implement viable long-term solution
- High Mechanical aptitude
- Experience with and comfort using industrial material handling equipment such as forklifts, cranes, telehandlers
- Solid electrical knowledge (with a thorough understanding of electrical requirements and hazards) and familiarity of Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Safety Devices
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Associates degree or higher
- 10+ years of experience
- Aircraft or aerospace production experience
- Understanding and familiarity in aerospace manufacturing, processing, and materials knowledge.
- Composite manufacturing and assembly methods familiarity
- Aircraft maintenance familiarity
- Strong desire to continually learn and grow new skills
- Understanding and familiarity with smart equipment and remotely managed factory controls and data loggers
- OSHA regulations knowledge
- Automation, Controller and/or PLC programming experience
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)