Experienced Aircraft Mechanic with strong structural background
Aero Air •
Experienced A&P Mechanic with strong structural background - Hillsboro, OR
Aero Air, LLC, a premier aviation company at the Portland-Hillsboro airport, is seeking an experienced general aviation/corporate A&P Aircraft Mechanic with a strong structural background to join our maintenance team. We are looking for individuals who enjoy to work on a variety of aircraft that can range from the occasional WWII aircraft to today's most modern business aircraft. We operate and maintain 35+ of our own aircraft to include Lear 31 & 35's, PC-12's, King Air's, CJ3's, Cessna Mustangs, and Challenger. If you enjoy variety and steady work, come join our team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs routine inspections and troubleshooting.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Estimates projected man-hours for individual repairs/inspections.
- Accurately completes all required maintenance records.
- Operates all tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Presents a clean and neat work area to our customers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong structural background to include repair, fabrication and assembly as required.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with the customer is required.
- Need to be Customer Service minded.
- Able to service, repair, & overhaul aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness.
- Reads and interprets manufacturer's and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
Aero Air, LLC prohibits discrimination of the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans status.
- Minimum 6-10 years' experience.
- FAA A&P license preferred.
- Leadership experience helpful.
- High level of initiative and commitment.
- Excellent performance and attendance history.
- Ability to positively influence others.
- Advocate for Aero Air's culture of excellence and customer service.
- Prefer experience with corporate aircraft.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Green Card Holder.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Favorable results from pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)