Bighorn Airways is seeking experienced Dash 8 mechanics, this position will be based in Sheridan, WY, but will follow our DCH-8 in Alaska and the lower 48 during fire season. Successful applicants will have 5+ years’ experience maintaining Dash 8 aircraft in a line maintenance capacity, preferably in remote locations. Completion of DHC-8 systems and/or PW100 series line/heavy maintenance classes a plus.
Frequent travel to remote locations may be required to provide aircraft mission support.
- In depth knowledge of Dash 8 systems and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively pass on knowledge to less experienced technicians
- Be forward thinking and have a philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Personal characteristics to include strong ethics in decision making, solid organizational skills, and a professional attitude that reflects positively on yourself and the company at all times.
- Flexibility to assist with any other duties as required to maintain base operations and aircraft mission readiness.
- FAA A&P license
Bighorn Airways is a diverse aviation company which includes operating a fleet of aircraft on US government contracts for smoke jumping and paracargo operations in Alaska and the lower 48.
BHA also conducts agricultural operations, charter, and helicopter ops, and is a DOD approved air carrier. BHA’s FAA Part 145 MRO specializes in CASA, Dornier, King Air, and DHC-8 maintenance, special mission modifications, avionics installation, and general aviation aircraft maintenance. Bighorn Airways has been a leader in the aviation community in Wyoming and the Intermountain West for over 60 years.
Sheridan, WY is located at the base of the Bighorn Mountains and offers the advantages of small town living and great outdoor opportunities. Sheridan area school systems are highly rated in the nation.
Bighorn Airways, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran