F-15 and modification experienced preferred.
Individuals must possess their own personal standard tools and possess personal safety shoes compliant with ANSI standards. Additionally, individual must be willingto work nights and overtime as required on short notice.
- This is to support the Advanced Display Core Processor II Validation/Verification effort.
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes. Inspects component before installation or usage to verify cleanliness and serviceability of components.
- Fabricates and modifies aerospace products according to specifications.
- Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of a aerospace vehicle.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.