F/A-18 Aircraft Mechanics A&P/Hydraulics/HAZMAT
AVMAC LLC •
The Aircraft Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the exterior aircraft structure and Airframe system components for the Customer.
Minimum 4 years experience with USN/USMC F/A-18 Aircraft desired.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Inspects, maintains, repairs, and services aircraft structure, hydraulic,
pneumatic and airframe system components.
2.Performs hourly, calendar, phase, and conditional inspections as required by
maintenance requirement cards.
3. Troubleshoots airframe, flight control, and landing gear systems.
4. Uses color-coded charts of aircraft piping and lines.
5. Reads schematic diagrams, shop sketches, clue prints and interpret
applicable technical data
6. Use of power tools and precision measuring devices in the maintenance and
repair of aircraft.
Required educational/skills background:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Level I - Four years previous experience in aircraft repair. Level II - Five years previous experience in aircraft repair. Must be capable of attaining Collateral Duty Inspector within 90 days. Level III - Six years previous experience in aircraft repair. Must be capable of attaining Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative within 90 days.
3. Completion of one or more NAMTGD or equivalent OMA maintenance courses.
4. Experience performing structural repair utilizing sheet metal, fiberglass, and composite materials
5. Thorough knowledge of corrosion control and aircraft painting techniques.
6. Knowledge of naval maintenance publications, maintenance requirement cards, and the ability to document maintenance utilizing the Naval Aviation Logistics Command Information System (NALCOMIS).
Physical Demands: This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching and climbing. May frequently lift and carry items weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift heavier items with the assistance of other workers. Work may be performed on top or under equipment in cramped or awkward positions. Normal color perception required.
Work Environment (ADA): May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flightline that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
AVMAC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply.
AVMAC is committed to America's veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law Poster:
Job Ident #: