Field Service Engineer - IAD
Gama Aviation Engineering •
We have an immediate opportunity for a Field Service Engineer located in Dulles, VA (KIAD)
Field Service Engineer is responsible for knowing, understanding, and accomplishing all required steps associated with compliance of the maintenance work scope assigned. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure all work is accomplished in accordance with Gama Aviation Engineering’s policies and procedures (RSQCM), manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, and FAA and EASA Regulations.
- Document maintenance discrepancies and take necessary actions to correct the items.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for all AC systems.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and schematics.
- Immediately notify the Lead Mechanic of any problem areas such as parts, materials, workmanship, or airworthiness issues.
- Provide the Lead Mechanic with a detailed report of work progression and open items to be included in the daily shift turnover log.
- Proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts and panels appropriately stored including racks by aircraft.
- Maintain work areas, buildings, and equipment which are utilized for aircraft maintenance in a safe, clean, and operative condition.
- Have sufficient and proper hand tools to perform maintenance duties.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Lead Mechanic.
- The Aircraft Mechanic, certified, may delegate duties to a qualified assistant; however, such delegation does not relieve the Aircraft Mechanic of overall responsibility.
- Available to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, and days off.Available to travel up to 25%.
- Five (5) years in the corporate aircraft maintenance field with heavy AOG experience
- Gulfstream, Bombardier, Falcon, Citation, Embraer, and Beechcraft Experience
- At least five (5) years of experience of direct involvement with FAR 135 and/or 145 policies and procedures
- Engine Run and Taxi Certified
- Strong Avionics background
- Sheetmetal capabilities
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration Regulations
- Good computer skills and ability to download and upload AC files, as required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe, and Corridor
- Ability to understand and interpret aircraft technical data
- Effective communication in English - oral and written
- Successfully work with others as part of a team in order to achieve established goals
- Travel, foreign and domestic, as needed
- Valid and current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate, minimum of five (5) years
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport without travel restrictions
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC