Job ID: 105830
The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business is a recognized leader in the design and integration of complex technologies into new and legacy systems and platforms for global military and commercial customers.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc. is seeking to hire Field Service Technicians. The ideal candidates will be responsible for providing technical support of DRS Land Systems products through prototyping, testing, fielding, and follow on support stages of various programs to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for providing technical support of DRS Land Systems products through prototyping, testing, fielding, and follow-on support stages of various programs to internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues by utilizing drawings, computer programs and technical documentation
- Conduct repairs and/or modifications using a variety of hand tools and test equipment
- Operate and maintain Government furnished military vehicles at DRS Land Systems facility locations and DRS Land Systems conducted testing events.
- Assist in demonstrating setup and adjustment of complex equipment for potential users or operators
- Complete appropriate written discrepancy reports, activity reports, expense reports, and provide feedback for onsite service and installations
- Deliver technical solutions to customers with a high degree of professionalism
- May provide formal/informal training of customer personnel
- Demonstrate great customer service skills
- Work variable shifts and up to 12-hour shifts while traveling to customer’s site to perform necessary testing
- Exhibit mature, independent judgment and communicates effectively
- Employees must be able to maintain and adhere to the customer’s on-site scheduling requirements with no more than 5 unplanned absences during any rolling 12-month period.
- Support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization LSY
- High school diploma or GED with 2+ years of work experience
- Proficient in the use of a laptop computers, mobile devices, and related software
- Must be able and willing to travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations
- Must have or be eligible to obtain U.S. passport
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance required
- Fundamental understanding of computer systems, operating systems, and configuration files, a plus.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office application experience, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; detailed understanding and use of database technologies helpful
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.