Fleet Support Coordinator
Compass Airlines •
Compass Airlines is seeking for a Fleet Support Coordinator to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Fleet Support Coordinator will provide direct oversight to the RMAG (Recurrent Maintenance Action Group) process and also assist the Maintenance Department in troubleshooting and documenting aircraft with recurring (chronic) maintenance issues. This is accomplished by monitoring incoming maintenance discrepancies, analyzing aircraft data downloads, using the EMBRAER AHEAD program, reliability data, and other resources within Compass Airlines.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility completely. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Valid Driver’s license
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Five year’s FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance background with experience in a supervisory role as a Maintenance Supervisor or experience in a Maintenance Control environment.
- EMBRAER 170/175, experiences is highly desired.
- Must be PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language.
- Valid passport is highly desirable.
- Basic mathematical competency
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, Science, Math or aviation related discipline.
- Experience working in a Maintenance Control Department.
- Experience working in or with a Reliability Department.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be sitting and working in an office environment.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance.
- Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Troubleshooting of all aircraft systems
- Use of troubleshooting aids, such as Embraer AHEAD, FHDB analysis, etc.
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems.
- Reliability report interpretation.
- Maintenance Control.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills. Must have the ability to work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
- Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems with aircraft with little guidance.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments.
- Provide direct oversight to the RMAG (Recurrent Maintenance Action Group) program.
- 25% of weekly duties to be assigned by the Fleet Manager including but not limited to, ATA reliability index item root cause determination and corrective action plan development, reliability index item component tear down review and corrective action plan development, and other duties to be assigned to support fleet reliability.
- Ensure updates are provided to the Maintenance Department as to status of work being performed on aircraft with recurring, pending, grounding issues.
- Ensure coordination with Maintenance Control on the movement of staffing, parts, and tooling required for task accomplishment under this program.
- Interface with OEM providers on fleet issues and initiatives, reliability enhancements and processes, ongoing coordination for increased reliability.
- Present a complete turnover of RMAG status on a daily basis.
- Point of contact for issues regarding RMAG Process.
- Coordinate and present a weekly RMAG meeting.
- Develop strategies for irregular maintenance operations recovery.
- Coordinate contract vendor activity, as required.
- Maintain an orderly and organized office area.
- Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Minneapolis Corporate site to continue to develop your professional skills.
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Description Disclaimer:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel required, less than 10%.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC