Flight Control Mechanic- Kansas City, MO
Strom Aviation •
Type of aircraft: Heavy Commercial
Longevity: 6+ months
Quick feedback: YES
Type of work environment: Repair
Looking for Flight Control Mechanics with an A&P license Duties and responsibilities
Service, repair and overhaul aircraft to ensure airworthiness.
Works under minimal supervision.
• Remove and Install flight control surfaces and components
• Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures
• Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify structures and flight controls
• Perform weight and balance including calculation of flight control surfaces
• Perform rigging and operational test of all flight control surfaces including autopilot
• Troubleshoot flight control systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:• Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work in specialized area of aircraft.
• Develop repair schemes utilizing SRM or Engineering data
• Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required reading.
• Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
Tools required: YES
Years’ experience required: 3+ years
License requirements: A&P license
Specific aircraft experience required: Commercial Aircraft Experience
- Must have Commercial Aircraft Experience
- SIDA Badge Required - (Need Minimum of 3 years ie 36 month experience working on Commercial Aircraft)
- A&P License strongly preferred
- High School Diploma Required
- Previous MRO experience
- Rigging Flight Controls
- Remove and Replace Flight Controls
- Inspection of Flight Control Cables for Corrosion
- Troubleshoot Flight Control Systems
- Experience working on aileron, elevator and rudder surfaces
- Remove and Replace Flight Control Cables
Call for details
Call for details
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)