Ground Support Equipment Mechanic
Menzies Aviation •
As a member of the Menzies Aviation Ground Service Equipment (GSE) Mechanic team you will be responsible for the safe and efficient repairing and rebuilding of airport service vehicles. You will be required to inspect and identify defective or broken parts on vehicles as well as make repairs to gas/diesel engines, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Location: Indianapolis International Airport (IND)
- Shift Schedule: Hours & schedule varies
- Hourly Rate: $24.00
- $1000 Retention Bonus – $300 at 30 days, $300 at 60 days, and $400 at 90 days.
- Perfect attendance Bonus – An extra $200 per week in addition to your regular pay
- Inspect and identify defective or broken parts on vehicles as well as make repairs to gas/diesel engines, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Hydrate electric equipment according to the Hydration Schedule
- Repair all non-motorized equipment
- Able to program and understand the functions of the Rapid Charger; including the Battery Monitor and Identification Device (BMID)
- Repair and replace all tires and wheels
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual quality control checks on the equipment
- Maintain records relating to maintenance
- Drive and operate service equipment vehicles
- Able to perform an accident inspection on involved equipment
- Report all accidents to Shop Supervisors and Managers
- Answer all radioed repair calls on the ramp
- Ensure our aircraft services team can operate effectively by providing proper preventative care to equipment and timely repairs to broken equipment
- Must be able to safely operate all vehicles and Ground Support Equipment (GSE) -Perform Daily Equipment Checks (DECs)
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment, in accordance with local health, safety, and security policies and procedures
- 3 to 5 years mechanical experience
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess valid US driver's license
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Must be comfortable lifting/moving 70lbs
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- All mechanics are required to perform all duties of the other positions, as needed do to operational need; Example: a Level I Mechanic may need to perform tasks of a Level III when directed
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required Airport Badge
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Military Occupational Codes
- Uniform Provided
- Advancement Opportunities
- Three Health Plans through Meritain Health that offer a variety of coverage
- Two Dental Plans through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance Plan through Met Life Vision
Army 91B/91S; Airforce 2A6X2; Marine Corp GSE 6072 Mechanic, 6073 Mechanic/Electrician, 6074 Cryogenics/Mechanic, 6499 Mobile Facility Tech/ Generator Mechanic, Engineer Mechanic - 1341 Engine Equipment Mechanic, 3500 Motor T Tech, 3521 Auto Maintenance Tech, 3524 Fuel Mechanic, 2141 Assault Amphibious Vehicle Mechanic, 2147 Light Armored Vehicle Mechanic; Navy Rating Codes -AS Aviation Support (GSE), MM Machinist Mate, AD Aviation Machinist Mate, CM Construction Mechanic, EN Enginemen.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly work in outside weather conditions.
- The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, high voltages and high hydraulic/pneumatic pressures.
- The employee is also frequently exposed to very loud noise levels, fumes or airborne particles and hazardous substances, materials or waste.
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
- Must have Electrical, Maintenance, and computer knowledge.
- Under the daily supervision of the Maintenance Manager with assistance as needed from the Station Manager.
- Performs periodic maintenance and inspections on filters, pumps, valves, tanks, pressure controls, metering and gauging equipment, company vehicles.
- Troubleshoot and repair above mentioned equipment as well as pipeline issues, electrical equipment, motors, switch gear, and lighting.
- Ensures that all work assigned is performed in a timely fashion with quality workmanship.
- Ensure through definitive methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to an efficient operation, while projecting a professional image for MENZIES AVIATION.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- Other tasks include digging and shoveling, such as snow removal around equipment and office. Employee may also engage in debris removal which involves lifting, bending and stooping.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70lbs.
Menzies is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions exclusively on the basis of merit. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. All such discrimination is unlawful and all individuals employed by Menzies Aviation are prohibited from engaging in this type of conduct. The Company further will make all employment decisions, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, promotion, retention, compensation, training, discipline and termination of employment decisions without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)