Lockheed Martin •
, New York, United States
Description:Performs aircraft maintenance and servicing on Rotary aircraft to include inspection, operational test, removal, replacement, repair, and modification of aircraft and/or aircraft systems and components. Applies technical knowledge and experience to solve problems and to troubleshoot and repair aircraft discrepancies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, manuals, instructions, and directives. Works closely with Aircraft Maintenance Lead, and Maintenance Control for work assignments, keeping them informed of the status of work in progress in areas of responsibility.
2. Evaluates aircraft discrepancies to identify methods of repair and/or replacement. Identifies necessary parts, materials, and tooling requirements for completion of assigned maintenance tasks.
3. Ensures that all parts/components removed from an aircraft in work are properly documented by a valid Maintenance Action Form and Job Control Number, ensuring repairable, serviceable, or unserviceable parts are properly tagged and turned in and/or disposed of.
4. Read, interpret, and utilize manufacturers maintenance manuals, service bulletins, Maintenance Engineering Directives, Maintenance Requirement Cards, Technical Directives, schematics, drawings, blueprints, charts and other applicable publications to replace, repair, test and modify assigned avionics/electrical systems and components.
5. Monitors, evaluates, inspects, and validates work in progress and completed tasks ensuring established standards of workmanship, safety, quality, and production are met.
6. Performs tasks in compliance with all applicable programs including Safety, Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Communications, Corrosion Control, and Tool Control programs.
7. Ensures compliance with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, site, work center, and job assignment.
8. Assist as directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of government / company owned equipment
9. Communicate with the customer in courteous, professional and effective manner.
10. Work harmoniously with other employees promoting teamwork and cooperation.
11. Make recommendations to management to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and/or cut costs.
12. Be able to obtain a plane captain qualification within 120 days of your hire date.
13. Wiliness to obtain the certification of Crew Chief. (This involves flying in helicopters.)
14. Performs other related duties as required.
- Three plus years experience maintaining aircraft to include hydraulic systems, engines, flight controls and avionics systems familiarity.
- Towing, fueling and marshalling will be required.
- Understanding of FOD and Tool Control Programs.
- Interim Secret Clearance required for this position.
- Prior experience on H60's through the armed forces or prior aviation experience with an A&P License.
**Avionics knowledge and experience**
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)