Hydraulic/Pneumatic Test Technician
Unical Aviation, Inc •
Working with moderate supervision, performs overhauls, repairs and test to aviation parts, and various other components in accordance with repair station rules and specification.
• Ensure work performed adheres to high quality standards.
• Must be disciplined in documenting all processes performed in an accurate timely manner.
• Record accurately all work performed on relevant repair station and/or customer supplied documents as necessary.
• Ability to interpret technical data such as manufactures maintenance instruction and perform required maintenance procedure correctly.
• Perform maintenance work on components received by the repair station including disassembly; cleaning; physical and dimensional inspection using measuring tools; assembly and testing.
• Proficient knowledge in the use of inspection tooling required in the course of work and not limiting to the following: torque wrenches, micrometers, dial indicators, height gauge, Vernier calipers, depth gauges, surface comparators, etc.
• Training will be provided to familiarize candidate with the repair station quality and inspection system as well as operational procedures.
• Specific training such as hydraulic test mill operation will also be provided.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Lead Mechanic/Maintenance Manager.
• Communicates with Lead Mechanic/Management and Planning department as required to identify work assignments and delivery schedules.
• Continually monitors repair station compliance with 14 CFR 145 and FAA accepted Repair Station and Quality Control Manual.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum 3-5 years performing Aviation Maintenance or equivalent experience preferred.
• Applicants should either possess an A & P Certificate or meet the requirements to become an FAA Repairman preferred.
• Ability to pass DOT drug test.
• Must be a U.S. Person or Permanent Green Card holder due to ITAR regulations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to prioritize tasks.
• Basic Shop Math.
• Basic knowledge regarding concepts, theories and principles of aerodynamics, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Proficient in the use of calibrated hand tools.
• Ability to work independently with moderate supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
Ability to lift 50Ibs.
Ability to work in machine shop / component repair environment.
Momentary exposure to high noises.
Exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents.
Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks.
There is no travel required. Language:
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
City of Industry, CA
Job Ident #: