For an Integral Fuel Cell Assembler, daily assigned work could include:
Within the Final Assembly environment:
Depending on your work environment and assigned work the following tools and materials might be used:
- Use a computer in a production environment.
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings and/or specifications.
- Assemble and install parts, structural components and sub-assemblies to build and attach major wing assemblies. This includes sealing, plumbing system and electrical components. Work on composite/metal aircraft.
- This position will require working in confined spaces of the wing fuel cells for extended periods. Employees crawl through an opening 17.75" X 10.00" in order to get inside the fuel cell.
- Appropriate protective clothing/equipment determined by the task you are performing.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g., scissors lifts, elevated work platforms).
- Use drills and high impact vibratory tools (bucking, riveting), in addition to screwdrivers, lock bolt puller, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner, torque wrenches, crimpers, cable tools and various other hand tools.
- Chemical lubricants, solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives, paints and special finishes.
Once your work is completed per testing requirement you'll inspect your work for quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object Debris).
The daily Physical Demands experienced are dependent upon your work environment, but most In-Tank Fuel Cell Assemblers can experience:
- Continuous (6-8 Hrs) Flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent back), handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching (overhead), Lying down (back, side, front), rotation of head/neck, standing, twisting at the waist, walking.
- Frequent (3-6 Hrs) exposure to constant noise and inside a confined space.
- Continuous (6-8 Hrs) bending at the waist, handling (holding/grasping), standing, use of high impact vibratory tools, working from an elicited platform.
- Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/pulling 10-35 pounds.
- Continuous (6-8 Hrs) Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding, inclined surfaces), Crawling, Crouching (squatting).
- Finger manipulation (keyboarding, other).
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or documents.
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award:
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.