We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated team member to support the Winnipeg Maintenance Team with the day-to-day break/fix work on machines and equipment at Standard Aero Limited. Reporting directly to Winnipeg Maintenance Manager, you will be have accountabilities in performing troubleshooting and repair work, equipment movement & assembly, and scheduled preventative maintenance tasks. The ideal candidate must have the ability to manage several concurrent priorities in conjunction with the Planner and a multi-disciplinary team. Additionally, they are open to learning and expanding their knowledge of facility systems and unique, complex operations equipment within the site as opportunities arise.
- Performs dismantling, assembly, installation, and commissioning of facility and operations equipment and machines
- Troubleshoots to identify problems and adjusts or repairs equipment according to specifications or best maintenance practices to maximize equipment uptime
- Uses machines, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, plant equipment and consumables necessary to carry out the required tasks
- Effectively engaged across a wide array of maintenance challenges that utilize multiple skills and resources; enlists the appropriate help when required
- Documents the modification status and configuration of equipment under repair or preventative maintenance; maintains detailed repair, maintenance, and certification records and reports of work performed
- Interprets technical specifications, drawings, schematics, and relevant manuals/references to identify required repairs, recommended maintenance activities, etc.
- Schedules preventative maintenance work in conjunction with Operators and Production managers
- Performs assessments to determine required equipment, parts or materials needed to complete repair or improvement work
- Ensures that buildings and equipment are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition in accordance with health & safety, building, and fire regulations
- Cross-trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support maintenance team requirements
- Ensure all applicable health & safety requirements are followed and reports/addresses any unsafe practices/conditions immediately
- Carries out additional projects and assignments as required
- Experience with HVAC, Boilers, Compressed Air Systems, Furnaces, Pressure Vessels & Industrial Piping an asset.
When you work at StandardAero, you’re not just an employee, you’re part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It’s a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone’s success.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.