The Quality Control Install Inspector “A” is responsible for performing required inspections on assigned aircraft and products. Required to release aircraft for return to service after work has been accomplished on aircraft or product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs required inspections and conformity inspections on aircraft and products that have been assigned.
- Documentation of records.
- Required to release aircraft for return to service after work has been accomplished on aircraft or product. Proper execution of FAA Form 337 and/or Maintenance Release.
- Preliminary inspections on products and aircraft prior to work being accomplished on them.
- Inspectors will maintain proficiency in the use of inspection aides, test equipment and techniques used to determine the quality of airworthiness of a product or aircraft undergoing maintenance, repair or alteration.
- Inspectors will be familiar with FAA Regulations, FAA Airworthiness Directives, Manufacturer Bulletins, Maintenance Manuals, Engineering Letters and Service Letters, and will be responsible for incorporating revisions into the Repair Station library or technical data.
- Inspectors will be thoroughly familiar with the Repair Station Inspection Procedures Manual
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
Must have experience returning aircraft to service.
Proficiency in the use of inspection aides, test equipment and techniques to determine quality or airworthiness. Above average reading and writing skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School graduate or equivalent. Must have above average reading and writing skills. Must have FAA Airframe and Power Plant Licenses. One to three years experience in Repair Station.
Be able to read, write, & understand the English language.
Basic math skills – High School level minimum
Ability to apply job knowledge & experience to make sound judgments. Ability to recognize when to ask questions & when input is needed from either the Lead or Manager.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual employed in this position is expected to dress appropriately (determined by area in which their work is performed), report to work on time, have excellent work habits, and have a cooperative and positive attitude in the work setting. Exhibit respect and professionalism when interacting with customers, and all employees is expected at all times. Must adhere to company policies, procedures and safety standards.
Standard safety precautions are required in all areas where hazardous conditions exist.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual employed in this position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by General Manager or Management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to maneuver into, works in, and maneuvers out of tight & cramped areas. Ability to work while on a work platform, ladder, or similar work stand in a variety of positions; standing, kneeling, sitting, lying down. Average lifting requirements of 25 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a shop on a workbench with test equipment. Ability to work beside the aircraft on a work platform, ladder, or similar work platform. Ability to work on the aircraft in a variety of areas including but not limited to; cockpit, main cabin, cargo pits, E&E compartment.