This announcement is for an Inspection Supervisor with RavnAir Group. This position reports to the Inspection Manager for RavnAir Alaska and is responsible for supervising all maintenance checks and Required Inspection Items (RII). The successful candidate will have a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate, at least three years of experience as an aircraft mechanic, and excellent communication skills.
This is a non-exempt, full time, benefits-eligible position. Position typically works an irregular schedule in Anchorage, to include evenings, weekends, and holidays, if necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
RavnAir Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with RavnAir Group depends solely on your qualifications.
- Responsible for accomplishing all work in accordance with the company maintenance publications and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR’s);
- Works under the supervision of the Inspection Manager;
- Directs and assist RII Inspectors in performance of their duties;
- Monitors aircraft inspections and repairs ensuring use of FAA-approved parts and data;
- Must be able to travel and accomplish inspections and technical support for heavy check aircraft;
- Audits all aircraft work packages and records;
- Performs incoming parts/materials receiving inspections;
- Assists Maintenance/Inspection Department in making airworthiness determinations;
- Monitors maintenance operations for safe work practices;
- Makes recommendations for quality assurance and safety improvements.
- Responsible for promoting identification and reporting of safety hazards in the work environment or when confronted with an unsafe situation;
- Promotes a positive Safety Culture with co-workers and supports the organization in compliance with Safety Management System (SMS);
- Other duties as assigned and within the scope of this position.